I am Norbu Kezang. I am a teacher of Chiya Primary School.

Wednesday, November 11, 2015

The National Happiness

It was like I held back the happiness, it was delayed. The news reached me very late, so pathetic. I was not able rejoice the blast of that joy and momentous news. I was completely into my small world in celebrating the 60th birth Anniversary of HM the 4th King. It was into that small world that I saw the love in the air. The crowd was unexpected, it was a large one this time. The pavilion over the ground was filled with love, the smiles were worn with gratitude and it was not a mistake to say "Today is a special day." But in the corner of my sense, I was hooked with a sense of  nervousness. I was timely questioning myself if I can do justice to their presence and their hopes. It shook my confidence a little bit. But I kept it hopeful. The day seemed majestic.

The day began then. It started with a chilly breath in the morning and gradually the ground caught its warmth with the beats of dances. The people were presented with numerous entertainment programs. It just made their day worthy. Meanwhile I was walking through the audience, catching up some moments for the post when all of a sudden I caught up an old lady sat by the corner of the wall. I saw her with tears. Tears? It was odd I felt. Then I took out few minutes to chat with her. I sat down and I was talking to her. This moment I felt it equally touching. I was by then informed that it was the tear of Happiness. Her gesture of love and gratitude was being paid through her tears. She narrated me a gist of moves under the reign of HM the 4th King. The story of old Bhutan that grew new, the old kerosene lamp and the electricity, the dusty horse tracks and the roads, the horses and the cars and alot more. It was a story of a complete success. And no wonder, she cried. She lived through the times and she felt it. And later I relized that those tears were the blossoms of love on HM, I felt it strong. I saw what a King means to his people. It was out of my ability to put in words.

It was a successful evening then. With success, we rejoice. Along with my teacher mates, we tossed a drink and that put an end to the joyous moment of the nation. I thought it was an end  but to my dismay I was shocked to have missed the national moment. At 9;00pm, BBS made a rebroadcast of the speech of His Majesty the King Jigme Khesar Namgyel Wangchuk and I was sincerely into paying my ears. I missed it in the morning, so I took the chance when suddenly I was kept shocked with the news HM shared. A PRINCE IS EXPECTED AND I GIFT IT TO HM THE 4TH KING. That was the national moment. Even I couldn't stop shedding my tears. And that made my day completely complete.

Thank You Your Majesty!

No comments:

Post a Comment