I am Norbu Kezang. I am a teacher of Chiya Primary School.

Saturday, October 8, 2016

Be a Change

It was a short presentation program. I had just few slides to be presented. I felt I could sprinkle some lights over their thoughts. I took the risk because I was not sure if I could entertain them lively for an hour or not. But I did it. The end talked a lot. When my little students changed the texture of their eyes, when few started to cover their eyes, I realized I made it to their heart than just to their ears. It was actually a good time spent.

I emphasized my students to "Be a Change." When we say we are educating them, we never expect them to limit their status just into these four walls of a classroom. We wan't them to get off these and rejoice on being a change. I asked them to question us, argue with us, teach us and show us everything they feel need to be justified and be studied about. We don't want our upcoming generation to be just neutral and we can't bear to see them learning very passively. I asked them to destroy the practice of being silent in the class. If a classroom is silent, it doesn't mean a decent learning environment. It just means learning nothing. And a silent moments shall never be rejoiced.

I questioned them these too. Do you abide by the law of human conscience? What do you do different as a human? These subjects covered the nature of humanity. The importance of being human and it was the correct time to implement the values. Within their examples, we discussed much about the issues those were seen in their community. The issue likes slaughter of animals, abandoning of parents, arguing to elders and many more. These were simple things that our students needed to learn and adapt at this time. If a fire turns wild in later stage, it's uneasy to put it off. So if habits of bad nature exists within them at this age, it gave a good moment for them to realize.

Finally, I emphasized on how they can be change in their community, within their family, in their school, in their room even and in their country. With every issues, a possibility is born. For example, I described that the three levels of human status in the world are the rich people, the middle income people and the low income people. A rich people will dream big. They dream for enormous bank balance, they dream for a month long Paris trip. They dream about luxuries cars and luxuries building. But what would be the dream for those in poverty line? A Bangkok trip? A luxuries car? A building? It would never be their dream. They would dream just three, they are;
A) Just a meal on time...
B) A good shelter to rest...
C) And a happy family to live with...
That's more than enough for them. They won't dream beyond. These concludes that not everyone is born equal. We differ. Though the world gives us the same share, we are of different levels. The difference ls are not born, it is derived by human. We made some rich and we made some poor. But if we work, we can make it equal. We can Change and many stories of abandoned parents need a change. We can be.

I left this final message with them. "The least you do can favor this beautiful world. Don't excuse yourself with reasons, you can be a change to yourself first and you can grow up to be a big change to others. Life is wonderful when you make someone smile."

Thank You
Norbu Kezang

No comments:

Post a Comment